28 August 2008

where to begin


^ Gaze into the memory crystal and see what it saw.

So much experiencing, so little time to record such experiences! I am startled by this, the realization that my last entry was practically almost one year ago. I have been so much away. I have suffered, survived, and triumphed as very few can. I've traveled depths I never knew I could, and seen incredible things I never imagined could even be.

But I must first sit down a while and simply think first. Where to begin sorting the threads of my story. I cannot possibly share everything in this one entry, it would be far too overwhelming, both for me and for you, friend. I must first step back and find a point of concentricity.

Before I put anything more out, I'll share with you a moment with yet another kindred soul I met on my wanderings, a fellow named Jaymes. He was, like me, a wanderer, but he preferred to be known more as...I think he said a chronicler of nature through science and magic. Something like that, yes. Jaymes had been traveling to the farthest reaches of Cyrodiil to capture moments rich in beauty, splendor, wonder, and maybe even danger. I could see so when I noticed the scars on his cheek and forehead, and his noticeably world weary eyes and weathered skin.

> Jaymes told me that this memory crystal he gave me used to be a flawless topaz. With his specially developed knowledge he formulated at the Arcane University he transformed this gem and alchemized its natural property with enchantments to enable it to capture light to record the subtle brilliance and shifting mood of the world so one may view it through the very gem itself.

Jaymes looked young, possibly just several years older than I, but also like someone who had seen a little too much for his age. His insatiable curiosity, high intelligence, passion for documentation, and love for natural beauty and change led him to study at the Arcane University, where he developed an amazing way to actually record the world and store its moments in special gems. But I am a bit tired right now and must continue this story for you later. Until then I wll show you a bit of his marvelous work. He gave me one of his....he called them memory gems, and all I needed to do, he said, was to look deeply into it and trust it. Only then will it reveal its treasure - a brief recording of the world - to me. This particular crystal shows the subtle and beautiful shifting from night to morning in various places in Cyrodiil. I recognized many of them from my travels.

Do have a look, gaze into the crystal, experience it, and later I will tell you some more of my stories...

No comments: