16 September 2008

vision




I love meeting other adventurers, particularly so because there are so few of us and we rarely ever run into each other. Some months ago while I was having a late supper at All-Saints (long after the 'transformation' at the temple that I was partly responsible for) a man in a shiny but evidently battle worn suit of armour struck up a conversation with me. One could very easily tell he has seen far more of the world than most anyone in Cyrodiil could ever even dream of.

He told me his name was Ibrin and that he loved running on foot through the great forests, hills, and valleys seeking a hearty fight, whether with a group of marauders or the great minotaurs often found near Ayleid ruins. I then had this vision of him doing nothing but jaunting through the entire expanses of changing terrain throughout Cyrodiil, sometimes stopping to kill a beast or two or seven, sometimes never stopping at all until he sees a roadside inn and smells the cooking. Treasure hunting wasn't in his best interest, he said, but he admitted it was necessary in the end to afford himself food and lodging and the occasional pleasures the company of a pretty young lass brings.



^ Jaymes had told me that the memory crystal he gave me can not only show me the moving light and shadows of Cyrodiil he had recorded in it, but it can also capture a moment in time with the proper manipulation. He taught me a little spell that, when used within proximity of the crystal, 'snapped' the moment and kept it forever. So earlier that day I asked one of the friendly guards (more like adoring as he knew me to be 'the champion of Cyrodiil') to point the crystal at me while I stood in front of the transformed temple in this district. It worked, and the memory was recorded for posterity.
I could see, by the veritable feast of venison, ham, mutton, and an endless assortment of vegetables heaped high on Ibrin's table (and the very large smile on proprietor Willet's face for such a profitably hungry client) that he can more than afford his meal ten times over.

I praised him on his impressive appetite, to which he replied, "If only those wimpy Minotaurs were as hearty in battle with me as this delicious repast I would be even more ravenous from such fights as to put an even bigger smile on Willet's face when I dine here!" He then winked at Willet and both men burst out in great laughter.

Well, to that I just simply had to raise my goblet of Tamika's wine in a toast: "To hearty adventures and the bountiful pleasures they reward us!"

Many were the stories Ibrin and I exchanged late into the night before he retired to his room and I to mine, both of us drunk with wine and mead and reminiscences.

No comments: