20 May 2007

An introduction

I often like to go outside the Imperial City to take in the views. When I was a younger Wood Elf I would regularly hunt for mudcrabs by the
water. Their meat is sweeter compared to those from the Abecean Sea, which tend to be a little saltier.

I should have begun this journal a while back, when I started exploring. Except then I had no idea how deep I would get, how obscenely beautiful Cyrodiil really is, and how incredible many of my adventures (and mis-adventures) could be. But I should at least introduce myself first.

My name is b, and I am a female descendant of a slender and agile race of Wood Elf. I've been told I'm strikingly beautiful, but perhaps that has more to do with my shocking lime green hair, cut as short as a boy's, and my large green eyes. I don't know if I inherited these features from my mother or my father. I don't know much about them, I was raised from infancy in an orphanage in a small settlement, north of the town of Cheydinhal, by Lake Arrius. At least that was what I was told.

I also was told that the settlement was unfortunate enough to be invaded and looted by Marauders, many people were slaughtered. I was very lucky to be one of the few remaining survivors, and I was adopted by two kindly adventurer women - a Nord and a Khajiit - and they decided to move me to the Imperial City to keep me safe. They took very good care of me, except that they would go off on their adventures and leave me at home for weeks on end. I supposed that's when I learned to become very independent and self-sufficient and I became adventurous myself.

One day, when I was 12 years old, they announced that they were off again, this time to the remote Valus Mountains, bordering the province of Morrowind. They promised they'd return in 3 weeks. Well, 3 weeks became 3 months, then 3 years. Their skeletons are probably somewhere in the mountains, maybe inside an uknown cave or an ancient Ayleid ruin filled with traps. So I did what I could to support myself - bartering, taking on odd jobs, and even a bit of thieving. Finally, when I was 16, I sold the house and packed myself up and decided to see the world beyond the Imperial City.

I will write more soon...

No comments: